Smoothies are one of my favorite ways to pair fruits and veggies for a quick, on-the-go drink. This wild blueberry smoothie bowl pairs sweet-tart wild blueberries with citrusy oranges and sweet pineapple chunks. Fresh ginger adds just a hint of spice.
Since we are (clearly) not in fresh blueberry season here on the east coast, I used frozen wild blueberries instead. They are available year-round in your supermarket freezer section and make a great addition to muffins, waffles, pancakes, smoothies, oatmeal, and more. If you’re making this during the height of berry-picking season, feel free to substitute fresh blueberries instead.
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- ½ a frozen banana
- ½ cup of pineapple chunks
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- 6-7oz container of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 12oz unsweetened almond milk, or other milk/milk alternative
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cocoa nibs
- Add all ingredients to blender, blend until smooth. Pour into two bowls, garnish with toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.