Imagine being able to eat what you want,
when you want, and how you want,
without second-guessing your decisions (or your body).
Imagine not spending so much time and energy
thinking about food and your body.
Here's What Freedom Can Look Like:
What if you could find that freedom with food and your body now, and not wait until the 'weight comes off'?
Are you ready to get free?
Unapologetic Eating 101: Foundations of Intuitive Eating Course includes self-paced lessons on how to integrate intuitive eating, mindfulness, body image work, self-compassion, coping tools and more into your day-to-day life.
The course is designed to help you improve your relationship to food, reconnect to your body, and find freedom from the “shoulds” and “supposed tos”, so you can figure out what it is that YOU really want (rather than what society's told you to have).
Unapologetic & Intuitive Eating Can get you there:
- Eating what you want, when you want, and how you want without second-guessing your body or feeling guilty or ashamed.
- Being in the moment with what you are eating, and what you are doing, without feeling self-conscious or worrying about what others may be thinking.
- Getting back to your roots, to who you were before society told you who you should be.
Unapologetic Eating is about food freedom, and it’s also about freedom in life.
The more you trust your body with food, the more you begin to trust yourself and your decisions in all the other areas of your life.
I’m Alissa Rumsey, MS, RD.
I’m a registered dietitian, certified intuitive eating counselor, food and body liberation coach, and the author of Unapologetic Eating.
I've spent years working with individual clients, helping them get free from diet culture and the endless dieting cycle so they can reconnect to themselves and their bodies and find food freedom.
I created Unapologetic Eating 101 so that you can learn about intuitive eating and the non-diet approach, utilize the practical resources and tools I've developed to integrate what you're learning into your day-to-day life, and do it all in a flexible, affordable, go-at-your-own-pace style course.
Because I want to help you get free from the shame and pain of dieting and diet culture, so you can live your most unapologetic, liberated life.
Take a peek inside the course
10 In-Depth Modules
to help liberate you from dieting
Eat Intuitively & Unapologetically
Module 1: Foundational Work & Finding Your ‘Why’
- Understand the societal forces that play into the urge to control your eating your body shape so you can begin to unpack and question your beliefs about food, bodies, weight, and health
- Connect with your personal reason for doing this work and get clear on your ‘why’, which you’ll come back to repeatedly throughout this process
Module 2: Moving Away from Fixing
- Learn all the ways in which diet culture permeates your life and environment so you can start to raise awareness and push back agasint it.
- Begin the work of accepting and sitting with yourself and your body, rather than always trying to “fix” or control.
Module 3: Start the Unlearning Process
- Learn the scientific reasons about why diets don’t work (aka the things the diet culture and the industry don't want you to know!)
- Shift from blaming yourself to understanding how your experiences, environment, and the diet itself have played a role.
- Discover new ways of measuring your progress outside from body shape and size
Module 4: Cultivating Awareness & Mindfulness
- Learn how to reconnect with yourself and your body so you can raise awareness of your experiences with curiosity instead of judgment
- Build the skills to sit with uncomfortable feelings so that you can better understand them and respond without reacting or pushing them away
Module 5: Intuitive Eating - Reconnect with Your Inner Wisdom
- Learn more about intuitive eating and how to embrace the 10 principles, without treating it like another diet
- Cultivate trust in your body’s internal cues so that you can eat without guilt or shame
Module 6: Make Peace with Food - How to Cultivate Unconditional Permission
- Learn how to give yourself unconditional permission to eat all of the things so you can make peace with food, without feeling out of control
- Practice framing how you think about your choices to come from a place of curiosity rather than judgment
Module 7: Cultivating Self Compassion
- Learn how to release your inner critic and cultivate self-compassion through mindfulness, self-kindness, and connecting with the common humanity (or shared experiences) of all people.
- Stop “should’ing” all over yourself, so you can eat, move, and do what you want to do instead of what you think you “should” (or “shouldn’t).
Module 8: Developing Self Care & Coping Skills
- Cultivate a toolbox full of coping skills that involve physical, mental, and emotional self care practices
- Learn how to “sit with” the uncomfortable feelings that come up in this process, without turning back to dieting.
Module 9: Body Image Healing
- Gain an understand of the history of body image development (i.e. why you feel the way you do about your body)
- Learn how to process body grief and nurture respect for your body
- Move away from body shame and towards body appreciation, respect, and liberation
Module 10: Expanding into Unapologetic Living
- Learn how to go from trying to “fix” yourself, to unapologetic eating, and finally unapologetic living so you can live a meaningful, fulfilling life in line with your values