This holiday season give your loved ones the gift of self-care! I pulled together this self-care holiday gift guide: a list of my favorite clothing items, artwork, tools, and entertainment for starting the new year off in a healthy place physically and mentally. You may even decide to gift one of these to yourself! 🙂
You are probably hearing a lot of diet talk ramping up as the new year approaches. It is important to take care of yourself during all times of year, but the holidays can be even more difficult if you don’t actively resist these messages. My self-care holiday gift ideas will help you and your loved ones do just that!
This list includes many of my favorites: from artwork; to a coffee mug of affirmations; a blanket that will calm you down; a balm to soothe your aching muscles; a body-positive subscription box; and much more.
Please note: some links below are affiliate links. I only use affiliate links for products I use and trust, a category in which all these products fall into. 🙂
Self-Care Holiday Gift Guide
- Dosha Mat: affordable, high-quality acupressure mat that promotes pain reduction; calms and relaxes the body and mind; reduces stress and anxiety; improves sleep; among other benefits. (Purchase now, $94.50)
- Dazey L.A.: apparel and accessories with hand-drawn designs that promote female empowerment and body inclusivity. I especially love this t-shirt. (Purchase now, $52)
- Body Over Mind Carry-All Tote: cotton canvas bag for carrying around groceries or for promoting ALL foods. I use this every single day. (Purchase now, $26)
- Big Girl: How I Gave Up Dieting and Got a Life by Kelsey Miller: share this fabulous read, or choose from one of the other amazing books in my roundup of intuitive eating, body positivity, body image healing, and Health at Every Size resources (Purchase now, $7+).
- The Empress from Vush: sexuality is an important part of body image work. I especially love that the mission of this company is to empower women and inspire self-love while breaking the stigmas surrounding female sexuality. (Purchase now, $154 regular price but use code ALISSA65 for $100 off)
- foodandfearless Prints: images from dietitian Taylor Chan to explain the concepts of intuitive eating and non-diet approaches to food. I’ll be getting some of these for myself! (Purchase now, $15-20)
- Self-Love Mug: for morning, noon, and nighttime reminders that you are enough just as you are right now. (Purchase now, $5.27+)
- Weighted Blanket: a tool to add to your anti-stress arsenal. Weighted blankets come in different weights and sizes as different price points. They are known to help with anxiety, sleep, restless leg syndrome, and ADHD. I have this one and absolutely love it! (Purchase now, $59.99)
- Headspace: a unique meditation app to positively impact mood, self-compassion, anxiety, focus, work, and stress (Purchase now, $12.99/month or $95/year).
- Skillshare: because when you aren’t dedicating as much brain space to dieting and body manipulation you can learn something new or do more of what you love! Skillshare allows you to take online, immersive classes in the areas of creativity, business, technology, and lifestyle (Purchase now, $15.00/month or $99/year).
- Body Positive Affirmations: to remind you of some of the forgotten things your body has to do to keep you functioning. (Purchase now, $3.50+)
- The Body Love Box: monthly subscription box of curated fat-positive artwork by fat and marginalized artists, body liberation books and magazines, self-care items, and more. (Purchase now, $29-$38 each)
- Stitch Fix and Stitch Fix Plus: personal styling for people in all size bodies with all clothing preferences. Perfect for those who might find shopping triggering. (Purchase now, price depends on which styles you keep)
- CBD Oil Balm: There is a lot of positive research coming out about CBD for pain and inflammation. I love to use this CBD infused balm from Plus CBD Oil on my neck for sore muscles. (Purchase now, $39.95)
- HauteSauceStyle T-Shirt: My new fav t-shirt: a wonderful reminder for us to “Accept All Bodies!” This Etsy shop allows you to customize colors and words. (Purchase now, $26.97+)
- Superfit Hero: comfortable lounge and workout clothes up to 5XL. I featured this brand in this post and this post about body positive fitness options. (Purchase now, $15.99+)
- Body Healing Cards: created by two incredible dietitians Fiona Sutherland and Marci Evans. Each card contains a reminder to take care of our bodies with kindness and compassion. (Purchase now, $25)
Learn how to start eating more mindfully.
GET THE FREE E-GUIDE: 5-MINUTE MINDFUL EATING EXERCISE